Wednesday, December 7, 2011

picture me {im}perfectly.christmas shopping

it is december 7th
and i have not started my christmas shopping.
i know.
totally not like me.



every year, i attempt to get 
all of my shopping done in the early fall
and have it all wrapped up by halloween.
and every year, i fail.
somehow, i forget that fall 
(or really, all the time) 
is a busy time for us.

we have new schedules, 
new schools, 
two birthdays 
and life going on 
every fall.


but this year, 
oh this year.
this year is oh so different.
i think that i have been in survival mode for a while now
(i haven't yet been able to stop and assess the situation).
every time i leave the house, 
i fear that i have forgotten to
bring something that i needed to bring.
or do something that i was supposed to do.

sometimes this life is just so hard.
and i just can't seem to get it together.
it's like my time goes into some sort of void 
and i wake up 
and am somehow further behind 
than i was the day before. 

but we have our first of 
five.
christmas.
celebrations.
this weekend, 
so i must get my act together, 
at least for that first celebration.

check out 
[8.22.10+021.JPG]
and how she is dealing with her 
human-wrecking ball.

picture me {im}perfectly
is a weekly project to reveal that we don't have it all together.

i will post a 
picture me {im}perfectly
blog post every wednesday 
where you will be able to link up to your blog
revealing that:

you are not picture perfect,
your kids are not picture perfect,
your house is not picture perfect,
your crafts are not always picture perfect,

let's 
encourage, 
inspire and 
remind 
other women 
that none of us have it all together.  

add my button to your blog post
and link up to your direct posting
and feel encouraged. 


And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord 
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 
for he has been mindful 
of the humble state of his servant. 
From now on all generations will call me blessed,

Luke 1:46-48


1651. working outside
1652. a walk that warmed me up
1653. getting a bite from whole foods
1654. time to clean out my purse
1655. meeting another believer at L's school

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...