Friday, May 20, 2011

grateful.

we have been reading this book a lot lately.


and giving lots of pretend kisses to mr. L's piggies.
i'm afraid to touch his feet,
although he loves to grab a hold of them once his meds kick in. 
yucko.
i think i'm a good nurse and can handle a lot.
but blood and stitches?
not so much.
i'll leave that to the doctors.
and K.
she asks to see L's boo-boos all day long.

for the first time in a long time,
i am able to say that i'm grateful for our trials.
the trials we have endured
and the trials we are enduring. 
the trials that affect our minds and
the trials that leave us with stitches and dried blood.

this is because i know that God is working.
He is working in my life and 
He is growing me and 
He is changing me and 
doing what He does best.
He is showing off
(my sweet friend Katherine Wolf's husband 
reminds us that God likes to do that).


Rejoice in the Lord always. 
I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,
whenever you face trials of many kinds, 
because you know that 
the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
Let perseverance finish its work 
so that you may be mature and complete, 
not lacking anything. 
James 1:2-4

1116. trials
1117. wet sidewalk chalk in a bowl
1118. my sweet sis who designs things for me 
even on her lunch break
1119. what is to come
1120. children who don't even 
open the front door for the fedex guy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...