Wednesday, May 25, 2011

picture me {im}perfectly.for them

even though
i strive to and
i desire to 
be fully devoted and 
the very best wife and mom 
that i can be to my family,
i sometimes fail.


oh, you can't relate?
well, sorry.
it's the truth in my life.


sometimes i get so easily distracted,
focusing on all the wrong things
that i 
think 
my family needs and wants.
and then i get busy and
frazzled and frustrated
and then i am reminded that all they want is me.
not all that other stuff.
just me.
with a little twinkle in my eyes.
just for them.


and i am far too blessed to let this slip by.
to let these moments 
blow away with the wind.


oh, how i long to be a Proverbs 31 woman.


Her children arise and call her blessed; 
her husband also, and he praises her: 
“Many women do noble things, 
but you surpass them all.” 
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; 
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 
Proverbs 31:28-30


i am blessed indeed.

head on over to jen's blog
Our wedding day...2000
where she shares how
God is working in her {im}perfect life.

picture me {im}perfectly
is a weekly project to reveal that we don't have it all together.

i will post a 
picture me {im}perfectly
blog post every wednesday 
where you will be able to link up to your blog
revealing that:

you are not picture perfect,
your kids are not picture perfect,
your house is not picture perfect,
your crafts are not always picture perfect,

let's 
encourage, 
inspire and 
remind 
other women 
that none of us have it all together.  

add my button to your blog post
and link up to your direct posting
and feel encouraged. 

1131. cornbread crumbs. everywhere.
1132. date night.
1133. a new haircut
1134. a half cleaned out closet
1135. the joy that mr. potato head brings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...