Wednesday, May 11, 2011

picture me {im}perfectly.acts of the flesh


well, the sermon we heard this week 
knocked my socks off.
as it usually does.
generally, i leave church 
having my heart cut wide open 
and into 500 pieces. 
and i'm grateful, 
so very grateful for that. 
it's how change comes.
real change deep down in my heart.

our pastor encouraged us to look at this list in Galatians 5
and see where we line up with it.
he said that if there is a 
"shred of similarity between my life and Galatians 5, then you are in trouble."
and that we need to deal with these things right now.
not later, but right now. 

The acts of the flesh are obvious: 
sexual immorality, 
impurity and 
debauchery; 
idolatry and 
witchcraft; 
hatred, 
discord, 
jealousy, 
fits of rage, 
selfish ambition, 
dissensions, 
factions and 
envy; 
drunkenness, 
orgies, 
and the like. 
I warn you, as I did before, 
that those who live like this 
will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19-21

even while writing this post, 
i toyed with the idea of pushing these thoughts back for another day.
dealing with them at a different time.
but then again and 
again and 
again, 
i felt that i needed to write this right now.
not for you, but for me.

our pastor told us to consider 
that when we do things our own way, 
we are actually fighting with the Holy Spirit.
fighting with God.
can you imagine?
well, i don't know about you 
but i know that my heart was convicted. 

there are more than a couple sins on this list 
that i am currently struggling with.
that i was currently 
(until now)
not even really aware of.
because in my sinfulness, 
i had pushed them down, 
way down and justified my actions and my thoughts. 




just like K doesn't want to be seen with her unbrushed hair,
i don't want to make my sinfulness even noticable to myself. 
but i see it, now.
boy do i ever see it.


now, head on over to Lisa's blog
where you will be reminded of all the little ways that 
each one of us is not perfect.

picture me {im}perfectly
is a weekly project to reveal that we don't have it all together.

i will post a 
picture me {im}perfectly
blog post every wednesday 
where you will be able to link up to your blog
revealing that:

you are not picture perfect,
your kids are not picture perfect,
your house is not picture perfect,
your crafts are not always picture perfect,

let's 
encourage, 
inspire and 
remind 
other women 
that none of us have it all together.  

add my button to your blog post
and link up to your direct posting
and feel encouraged. 

For it is by grace you have been saved, 
through faith—and this not from yourselves, 
it is the gift of God— not by works, 
so that no one can boast. 
For we are God’s workmanship, 
created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:8-10

1086. ticklish babies
1087. sweeping curls
1088. the morning sunlight
1089. babies being born
1090. preschool open house night
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...