Wednesday, June 1, 2011

picture me {im}perfectly.not up to me

today, i am going to share something with you.
something that i struggle with.
on a daily basis.


sometimes i think 
that L's developmental progression 
is based on what i do.
(or his lack of progression on what i don't do).


and i quickly forget that it is not up to me.
not in the tiniest bit.
but that God has His hands all over my little boy.
and His hands that guide me.


guide me as mom.


guide me as an advocate.


guide me as a therapist.



guide me as an example 
of one who has faith in Him. 


will you join me in praying for L today?

please pray for his sleep.
since his surgery his sleep has been wretched. 

please pray for his progression.

please pray for our peace as we wait for the Lord to move.
we know that He will.
oh, how we know that He will.

It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, 
taking them by the arms; 
but they did not realize 
it was I who healed them. 
Hosea 11:3

a big thank you to Wendy 
who linked up last week.


picture me {im}perfectly
is a weekly project to reveal that we don't have it all together.

i will post a 
picture me {im}perfectly
blog post every wednesday 
where you will be able to link up to your blog
revealing that:

you are not picture perfect,
your kids are not picture perfect,
your house is not picture perfect,
your crafts are not always picture perfect,

let's 
encourage, 
inspire and 
remind 
other women 
that none of us have it all together.  

add my button to your blog post
and link up to your direct posting
and feel encouraged. 

1161. faithful friends who make huge sacrifices
1162. new therapies
1163. laughter at the dinner table
1164. patience that is only from Him
1165. a happier little boy




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...